During this season of life, we are taking extra precautions to better ensure the health of all those who join us. Please do look through our procedures for staying safe during COVID. We are meeting in person for worship and Sunday school with these procedures in place. If you and your family have determined it is not yet time to come back to church, consider joining us via our Youtube services. Let’s stay safe while staying connected.
At First Christian Church, we have a commitment to follow the advice of health officials (specifically, the CDC and state health officials, as advised by our COVID committee which itself is comprised of people with direct medical experience). Likewise, we commit to work through this together, never asking about or making choices for anyone based on vaccination status. As such, the following guidelines are in place for all of us here.
- Face masks must be on and properly worn before entry. The church will provide a face mask if needed.
- Use the 6-foot distance floor markers as guides to maintain the appropriate separation from others.
- All attendees are encouraged to minimize gathering and to proceed into the Sanctuary.
- Hand sanitizer is encouraged and available at entrances.
SUNDAY SCHOOL & OTHER GROUPS
- We are encouraging Sunday school classes and other groups to continue the precautions of wearing a mask and social distancing.
- However, many of our groups gather for meals or participate in activities that require them to be closer. So, we are entrusting the leaders of those groups to discern the best practices for themselves. If you are interested in joining in any of these but have concerns, please do reach out so that we can find you a good fit during this time.
- Face masks must be worn properly at all times.
- A 6-foot social distance seating separation is in place for people of differing households.
- No nursery is currently being provided. Children can sit with parents or guardians and make use of our children’s worship bags.
- Congregational singing must be done while staying socially distanced and while wearing a mask.
- No gathering at distances of less than 6-feet in Narthex following services. All attendees are encouraged to proceed to an outdoor location when weather allows.
- Place worn disposable masks in trash receptacles located by the exit doors. Do not leave worn reusable masks at the church for return usage.
- Please refrain from hugs and other close contact with others.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU TEST POSITIVE
Though we are doing everything within reason to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and have been fortunate this far, we must be prepared for the possibility of spread occurring while at church. If you test positive and believe that you were at the church while contagious, please do the following:
- Call those you were sitting closest to in order to inform them of your situation.
- Contact the church office at (479) 783-1139 to inform the staff. The church office will share with the congregation that a positive case was found so that folks can respond in the specific ways that are right for them and their situation. We will not share names or any identifying information. However, we do need this information to better inform and respond to the situation at hand.
- If there is a large outbreak, the church office will inform you and follow up procedures will be found here and in the newsletter.