At First Christian Church, we have a commitment to follow the advice of health officials (specifically, the CDC and state health officials, as advised by our COVID committee which itself is comprised of people with direct medical experience). Likewise, we commit to work through this together, never asking about or making choices for anyone based on vaccination status. As such, the following guidelines are in place for all of us here.
- Face masks are optional, but encouraged.
- We have placed our communion cups, bulletins, and offering baskets at the entry to allow for no contact entrances.
SUNDAY SCHOOL & OTHER GROUPS
- We are entrusting the leaders of these groups to discern the best practices for themselves. If you are interested in joining in any of these but have concerns, please do reach out so that we can find you a good fit during this time.
- A 6-foot social distance seating separation is in place for people of differing households.
- No nursery is currently being provided. Children can sit with parents or guardians and make use of our children’s worship bags.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU TEST POSITIVE
Though we are doing everything within reason to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and have been fortunate this far, we must be prepared for the possibility of spread occurring while at church. If you test positive and believe that you were at the church while contagious, please do the following:
- Call those you were sitting closest to in order to inform them of your situation to the extent you are able.
- Contact the church office at (479) 783-1139 to inform the staff. The church office will share with the congregation that a positive case was found so that folks can respond in the specific ways that are right for them and their situation. We will not share names or any identifying information. However, we do need this information to better inform and respond to the situation at hand.
- If there is a large outbreak, the church office will inform you and follow up procedures will be found here and in the newsletter.